Sunday, November 12, 2006

Day 12: Long chapter

'For Real This Time' refers to the fact that I titled an earlier chapter 'A Noisy Arrival in a Noisy Town' and they didn't. Actually, I briefly forgot to make their arrival noise this time, but I went back and reinserted a mention of thunder.

Also, the cat, it seems, did have some bearing on the plot! I didn't know it until today, but it is the four travellers who will join Dallywonk in a journey of discovery to the Isle of the Gods, where they will learn the true nature of our fishy dead friends. At least, they'll probably be there. One of them must, since they too have heard that the gods are zombie trout. And now they're going to collide with Dallywonk's team. Fantastic!

The first chapter just kept going on and on because I really didn't know what I would do next. Probably my longest chapter yet. (No, wait. It looks like yesterday's cat chapter was longer. Well, that chapter has this chapter's name. Of course, these chapters tend to look longer than they are because dialogue makes for short lines.)

Oh, and you know how I've been mis-punctuating my quotations? Yeah, I didn't really have much of a reason to do that, so I think I'll just do it correctly from now on.

The Day's Text
Words today: 2079
Words total: 23594
Target total: 20000

No comments: