Saturday, November 11, 2006

Day 11: No progress

Okay, Delmer was good. I liked that first bit. All the rest...

I ind of liked the bit with the cat. I was some easy wordcount, and fun, but really, nothing today besides Delmer's short scene really helped with the plot. Wordcount is nice, but if I'm only a quarter of the way through the plot when I hit 50 000, what then? Yes, I can always cut it short with a nuclear war from space aliens, but I'd rather not. There's a lot coming for the plot, and I need to work to get it all in.

#NaNoWriMo was part of my my inspiration for the cat, by the way. I needed someone to say this, and the cat was it:
19:32 < b2> claudia, you saucy wench
19:32 < PurpleCar> I know, tia, I know
19:32 < claudia6913> *rawr*
19:32 < LKBM> Someone is now going to say 'saucy wench' in my nano. I don't know who yet, but it has to be said.

They also provided the names Biscotti and Ravioli.

(And, oh shit, I just noticed the title of the chapter with the cat is 'A Noisy Arival in a Noisy Town', but they don't get to town in that chapter. Maybe I should start naming chapters /after/ I write them. Maybe I'll write some more before midnight and rename the chapter. It's not even 11pm yet.)

The Day's Text
Words today: 2003
Words total: 21515
Target total: 18333.333 repeating

No comments: